The annual 4-H Shooting Sports Program is geared toward young people interested in shooting and the conservation of natural resources. In addition to firearm safety and archery, topics may include wildlife identification, forestry and outdoor skills. The program meets at the Norfolk Rod and Gun Club in St. Lawrence County and occasionally at the Extension Learning Farm in Canton.
- Appropriate for youth 9-19 years of age. Parents encouraged to get involved too! Juniors, age 9-11 will work with air rifles and archery; Seniors, age 12-19 will also use .22 cal. rifles and shotguns.
- Instruction includes firearm safety, basic marksmanship, range procedures, and maintenance of firearms. Students will also be introduced to archery, map and compass, GPS and basic outdoor skills.
- $30 per Junior (9-11 years of age)
- $40 per Senior (12-19 years of age)
- Fee includes necessary memberships, insurance, supplies (ammo and targets), and facility use, etc.
- Call to reserve space now, 379-9192. Registration forms will be mailed, which can be returned with appropriate fees.